Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September Beauty Favorites

Hello friends! Happy October, Happy Fall!

I think it's safe to label the month of October as Fall, but why is it still over 90 degrees here in San Diego? I don't know. 
Anyhow, I am finally all moved in and settled in my new campus apartment at UCSD : >
In honor of the brand new school year ahead of me, I want to start something that I have never done before: Monthly Favorites! I will be doing both Monthly Beauty Favorites and Monthly Fashion Favorites; since I'm doing a beauty favorites for the month of September, I'll be doing a fashion favorites for the month of October. Get it?
So near the end of each month, be on the look out for a summation of the beauty/fashion items that I've been enjoying for that past month. 

벌써 10월이네요. 아직 30도를 넘나드는 날씨 때문인지 가을이라는게 실감이 안나네요.
정말 길었던 여름방학을 마치고 몇일전에 드디어 캠퍼스 아파트로 이사를 했어요! 
이번 블로그 포스트는 Monthly Beauty Favorites에요!  9월 한달동안 제가 애용했던 뷰티 제품들 소개하는 포스트입니다. 10월 말에는 Monthy Fashion Favorites을 포스팅 할 계획이니 그때도 들려주세요ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ >3<

LUSH - MASK OF MAGNAMINTY



I've been using this Mask of Magnaminty face pack from Lush at least once a week throughout the entire month of September. After cleansing and evening out my skin tone with a toner (either in the morning or at night), I apply a generous amount of this mask all over my face. After leaving it on for 10-15 minutes, I rinse it off with lukewarm water. The scrubby aduki beans act as a gentle exfoliator, clearing all the dead skin cells off my face. This face pack leaves your skin super soft and moisturized, even after sucking all the gunk out of your skin! 

한국에서는 흔히들 슈렉팩이라고 알고있는 러쉬's 매스크 오브 매그너민티. 9월 한달동안 적어도 일주일에 한번씩은 쓴거같아요. 페퍼민트의 특유한 상쾌함에 기분까지 좋아지고 머리까지 맑아지는 마스크팩. 조그마한 팥 알갱이와 달맞이꽃 씨앗들 덕분에 각질제거 효과도 있답니다~

KIEHL'S - ULTRA FACIAL MOISTURIZER



I recently re-discovered Kiehl's Ultra Facial Mosturizer. Since then, I've been using this product to moisturize my skin both day and night. I didn't use it throughout my stay in Korea because I was too busy trying out the skincare from Korean cosmetic brands. After three months of straying away from this product, I finally started using it again this month, and my skin has never felt more hydrated. This product is designed to suit all skin types, so if you have true combination skin (dry patches, oily t-zone aka worst of both worlds) like me, you should definitely check it out!

키엘 울트라 페이셜 모이스쳐라이저. 한국에 있는동안 한국 로드샵 브랜드들 try 해보느라 잊고있었던 제품. 다시 한번 느끼는거지만 이 제품 만큼 내 피부에 맞는 모이스쳐라이져는 없다 ㅠㅠ 저처럼 완벽한 복합성 피부를 가지신 분들께 추천해요!!

KIEHL'S - ULTRA FACIAL TONER



This toner has been acting as a great base for my serums and moisturizers. I just use my hands to apply this on my face since it isn't as watery as most toners. Although I'm using a sample size at the moment, I definitely plan on going out to purchase the full size as soon as I run out of it.

키엘 울트라 페이셜 모이스쳐라이져와 같은 라인인 토너. 세안후에 피부결 정리를 깔끔하게 해줘요 : > 지금은 샘플 사이즈를 사용하고 있지만 다 쓰면 백화점으로 뛰어가서 풀사이즈를 사고말테얏!

INNISFREE - ECO SAFETY NO SEBUM SUNBLOCK



I was really on the market for the perfect sunblock all throughout my three month stay in Korea, but I just could. not. find. one! I picked up this product as my "last hope" at the Incheon International Airport duty free shop just minutes before getting on my flight back to the States. And guess what?! It's THE ONE. What can I say? Last minute impulse purchases are the best kind of purchases HAHA. It is moisturizing, yet mattefying. It doesn't have that signature sunscreen smell (which I low-key hate). It is light and controls oil. This product just wins in so many ways. Am I right, or am I RIGHT?

한국에서 써본 로드샵 선블록 중에 제일 마음에 들었던 이니스프리 노세범 선블록! 미국으로 돌아오기 직전에 면세점에서 별다른 생각없이 샀던 제품. 정말 마음에 든다 ㅠㅠ 촉촉하면서도 매트한 피니쉬. 특유에 선스크린 냄새도 안나고... 가볍고 오일리하지도 않다니 ㅠㅠ 굳굳.

BAREMINERALS - BLEMISH REMEDY 



My first mineral foundation ever! I've heard so many good things about the original bareMinerals foundations, but for some reason, I never got around trying it for myself! So when I heard that bareMinerals came out with a blemish/acne fighting powder foundation, I knew I had to try it. As long as you take your time buffing the powder into your brush and then to your face, it will give you a more natural and flawless complexion than most liquid foundations.

처음 써보는 미네랄 파운데이션! 브러쉬 안 & 얼굴에 버핑만 잘 해주면 리퀴드 파운데이션보다 자연스러운 파우더 파운데이션. 리퀴드 파운데이션이 지겨우시다면 한번 써보세요!

BENEFIT - HOOLA 




So many beauty gurus have been raving about this product for years, but I don't know why it took me this long to finally get my hands on the Hoola bronzer by Benefit. I feel like this bronzer would literally suit any skin tone. It defines the face in a very natural way and it'll make you look like you have a perfect sun-kissed tan, even if your face is as pale and round as the full moon (like mine lol).

처음으로 써보는 브론저! 내 넘치는 볼살들을 가려줘 훌라훌라훌라 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

NIVEA - OLIVE OIL & LEMON



I love most, if not all, Nivea lip moisturizers. I've been using Nivea lip treatments for as long as I can remember, but I've been grabbing this particular one over my many other Nivea chapsticks this particular month. This lip moisturizer with olive oil and lemon extracts is super long-lasting and makes my lips feel baby butt soft. It also smells heavenly <3 I honestly don't think I can live without it. I'm so tempted to go out and purchase multiple of these so I can stick them in all of the bags/purses I own and not ever have to worry about having chapped lips.

니베아 제품들은 다 사랑하지만 이번달에 특별히 더 많은 사랑을 주었던 올리브 오일 & 레몬 립밤. 향기도 너무 좋고 촉촉함도 오래가고~ 색깔도 초록초록 한게 마음에 든단 말이야...이제 곧 캘리도 추워지고 건조해질텐데 더욱 더 필수품이 될거같은 제품!!

URBAN DECAY - NAKED 3




I finally went out and got the NAKED 3 palette that I've been dying to try out since forever ago. This palette has such a nice balance of matte shades and shimmery shades. Most shades in this palette have a rose-gold tint to them, so they flatters both cool and warm skin tones! If you are a fan of either the Naked 1 or Naked 2, you have to try this one~ :)

아직 한국 매장에서는 찾아볼수없다는 얼반 디케이 네이케드 3. 매트한 쉐도우랑 반짝이 쉐도우 발란스가 너무 좋다. 네이케드 3는 로즈골드 톤 위주의 색감들이라서 쿨톤 피부 웜톤 피부 둘 다 어울릴거같아요~

URBAN DECAY - SUBVERSION LASH PRIMER



Sadly, I was not blessed with the longest lashes, so I've always craved for that extra vavaboom. And this does it, guys! Before applying my mascara, I apply a generous coat of this primer to my lashes. It does just what it advertises on the packaging: thickens, lengthens, and strengthens! Before this product came into my life, I would layer on a gazillion different brands of mascara to make my lashes look somewhat like lashes. This product has made the whole process of putting on mascara, as well as taking it off, so much easier!

얼반 디케이 서벌젼 마스카라 프라이머. 길이도 길이지만, 속눈썹을 더 풍성해 보이게 한다.
이제 없으면 못 사는~ 마스카라 프라이머!

ARITAUM - HONEY MELTING TINT




Aritaum Honey Melting Tint in the shade Orange Sherbet. I've been using this lip tint? lipstick? lip balm? religiously ever since I got it. It is so moisturizing, long-wearing, and pigmented! I know most associate orange lip products with Summer, but this isn't your typical orange lip. The color is muted out enough that you can wear casually even in the colder months. Also, after a few hours of wear, it fades into a nice dusty orange. I want to go back to Korea just to buy ten more of these lip tints :'(

아리따움 허니 멜팅 틴트 - 오렌지 샤베트! 오렌지인듯 오렌지아닌 오렌지같은 너... 데일리로 바르기 정말 최고 ㅠㅠ 좀 칙칙한(?) 오렌지라서 가을/겨울에도 바를 수 있을거 같아서 씐난다!! 꺟 >3< 쀄이보릿 립!

URBAN OUTFITTERS NAIL POLISH



These nail colors from the Urban Outfitters "2 for $8" collection have been on my nails for almost the entire month of September. The bronze gold-ish polish (Tutu) and the dark olive green color (Army Brat) played a major role in helping me transition from Summer to Autumn. I know I will continue to rock these two combinations in the later months to come.

올리브색이랑 골드의 콤보! 가을 느낌 물씬 나지 않나요?

URBAN OUTFITTERS - PETAL PERFUME OIL



The Forget Me Not - Peach & Mandarin Green Tea Perfume Oil has been my go-to fragrance ever since I purchased it. It is the perfect mix of fruity and floral scents. It is not overwhelmingly strong, yet long-lasting. Definitely my go-to everyday fragrance. I'd recommend this product to people who like the scent of the Jo Malone perfumes, but are repulsed by their price. 

복숭아, 귤, 녹차 오일 향수. 도대체 무슨 향일까...? 하는 분들께: 피치 블라썸 꽃들이 들어있어서 그런지 꽃향기도 나면서 과일향도 나는... 신기한 향수! 에브리데이로 쓰기 좋아요! 롤러볼로 되어있어서 그냥 손목에 쓱쓱 바르고 귀 뒤에 쓱쓱 바르면 끝! 조 말론 향수 좋아하는 사람들이 좋아할듯! 물런 가격대는 이 제품이 몇배 저렴하지만... ㅎ

That concludes my first Monthly Favorites! I hoped you guys enjoyed it~ Let me know either in person or through the comment box below if you liked this kind of blog post :) 

마이 펄스트 쀄이보릿 포스트... 어떠셨나요? ㅠㅠ 아직 부족한점이 많지만 이런 스타일의 포스트가 좋으셨다면 댓글로 알랴주세요 >.< 뺳뺳이~ 


Best fishes,

Sini : >

see more of me on instagram: sinicalattitudes






6 comments:

  1. Yesss I'm so excited for your monthly favorites! I just wish I could get all of these in Korea :'(
    The only product I'm also using from this post is the Urban Decay Naked palette! (and i'm in love with it toooo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :') it means a lot! I'm sure they'll be availabe in Korea soon! Korea has amazing make-up too though~ do you have the Naked 3 as well?

      Delete
    2. Yup!! Naked 3 <3 i like it but i wish i was more skilled at putting makeup on.. i dont think im using it properly?! lool

      Delete
    3. Honestly, I'm really not that great in applying eyeshadow either! I'm sure it'll come with practice! I'd love to know what you do for skincare!

      Delete
    4. omg i justtt saw this comment.. whoops!!! there's nothing much to my skincare routine... but maybe i'll do a blog post about it some time? xx

      Delete
    5. yes please! i'd love to see! hehe <3 you have gorgeous skin.

      Delete